What is Homesite? - HomeSite is Allaireís award-winning HTML editor that lets you build better Web sites in less time. Using HomeSite allows you to maintain pure HTML while integrating with many leading web technologies such as JSP, CFML, and WML. Created by Web developers for Web developers, only HomeSite gives you total design flexibility and control over the quality and performance of your entire site
HomeSite features an intuitive WYSIWYN ("what you see is what you need") interface that provides on-screen access to everything you need to build great Web sites. Its project management, quality control, and site deployment features help you build, deploy, and manage your entire site easily. As professional Web developers advise, "Donít build your Web site without it!"
- More Info
HomeSite 4.5 Overview
Maintain Pure HTML
Unlike many WYSIWYG tools, HomeSite does not add any code to the HTML page other than what
is necessary for display through a browser. As an HTML editor, HomeSite provides visual tools
that contribute to the developer's productivity while enabling them to work directly with the
code for more precise layout control, greater design flexibility, and higher-performance Web pages.
Support for Latest Web Technologies
In addition to its extensive array of tools for creating HTML code, HomeSite provides features that
allow developers to extend the functionality of their sites by incorporating the latest
Web technologies, including:
- Active Server Pages
- Cascading Style Sheets
- ColdFusion Markup Language
- Dynamic HTML
- Java Server Pages
- SMIL (Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language), RTML (RealText), IMFL (RealPix)
- WML (Wireless Markup Language), HDML (Handheld Device Markup Language)
Maximize Your Productivity
HomeSite works your way without getting in your way. The HomeSite WYSIWYN (what you see is
what you need) interface increases user productivity by providing the developer with the required
tools for the task at hand.
- Increase editing productivity with HomeSite's Edit View, which features Tag Insight, Tag Editors, Tag Inspector, Tag Completion, Tag Snippets, Thumbnail-Image Preview, Code Sweeper, and full color coding support.
- Tag Chooser, Tag Insight, Tag Editors, Tag Inspector, Tag Completion, and Tag Help support for HTML, CFML, JSP, WML, HDML, SMIL, RTML, IMFL, and Allaire's VTML language.
- Preview your Web site in the Browse View's integrated browser.
- Prototype sites, lay out pages, and make quick edits with the Design View, HomeSite's visual development environment for HTML.
- Quickly create image maps with HomeSite's integrated Image Map Editor.
- Quickly integrate Cascading Style Sheets into your pages with HomeSite's bundled CSS Editor.
- Manage multiple development projects with HomeSite's Project Management System (integrates with any SCC-compliant source control system).
- Leverage HomeSite's integrated FTP and Site Deployment Wizard to easily deploy your site while creating a reusable, shareable deployment script.
- Speed site maintenance with HomeSite's site-wide, extended search-and-replace capabilities.
Ensure Your Site's Quality
HomeSite provides a wide array of tools and utilities that allow developers to ensure that
their pages meet quality standards and will meet performance requirements when deployed to their
- Test your site's links with Link Verification.
- Estimate each page's performance with Document Weighing.
- Check your HTML syntax with HomeSite's built-in HTML Validation.
- Spell check your page with HomeSite's built-in dictionaries or use Microsoft Word dictionaries.
- Use Tag Inspector and HTML validation to target different browsers and browser versions.
- Get a bird's eye view of your entire site, including all pages and links, with Site View.
Modify HomeSite to Fit Your Needs
HomeSite conforms to your Web development style. Configure HomeSite to fit your needs by
extending functionality and customizing the interface.
- Create your own custom toolbars. Add custom buttons to launch applications, run ActionScripts, and display custom dialogs. Change the Edit View with the editor's collapsible code and split window features.
- Modify HomeSite's keyboard shortcuts and add your own shortcuts for HomeSite tasks and Tag Snippet insertion.
- Create Visual Tool Extensions using VTML (Visual Tool Markup Language) to extend HomeSite's user interface.
Get Help from HomeSite Experts
Whether you are new to HTML or are an experienced Web developer, HomeSite guides you through Web
development tasks. Leverage the talents of the HomeSite developer community with Allaire online
- Learn HTML with HomeSite's Tag Tips, Tag Help, and the integrated HTML reference guide.
- Use HomeSite's extensible help system, which grows as your development challenges grow.
- Train at your own pace with classroom and Web-based training courses.
- Access the HomeSite DevCenter, featuring plug-ins, informative postings, tips and tricks, and more.
- Post questions, share tips, and learn techniques on the FREE online support forum.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000
- Pentium-compatible processor
- 64 MB RAM (128 MB suggested)
- 25 MB free hard disk space (for installation)
- CD-ROM drive (for packaged version)
- 800x600 screen resolution